Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Movin' Along....

Had a great and productive weekend, and even managed to get in some fun time with Adam (Super 8 and Sushi, delightful!)  Here are a couple pics of the weekend projects.

We needed some privacy in our master bath (something a little more refined than the sheet of packing paper taped to the window), so I bought some window etching from Home Depot--it's completely removable and goes on with just water, I really like how this turned out!  I left the edges open a little bit in the top panes to let in more light. 

I had some leftover etching scraps, so I started playing around with adding some details to these little windows on a back door in our hallway, it's tedious, but a lot of fun!  I've only finished the middle one, but I think that I'll play around with circles in the other pane, and triangles in the other! 

Starting to finally get some stuff hung up on the walls, although I'll have to take it down to paint eventually, it gets to be a pain to try and find places to store it until you get around to the painting!

Starting playing around with a free form collage of frames and other objects in the dining room, still looking for the right photos for some of the frames, and it may grow and change over time....


Adam picked up these great copperplate etchings of Hopi Birds from artist Marjorie Rogers at an art show that we stopped at on our way cross country.  I happened upon a new selection of fab float frames at Target the other day, and this happened to be the perfect size for this piece...score on the bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment